A plate field optimization tool for offshore structures according to DNVGL standards
ANYstructure is a GUI based steel dimesion calculation and weight optimization tool intended for naval architects. It is based on DNVGL-OS-C101 Design of offshore steel structures, general - LRFD method.
The following is caluculated:
- Minimum section module for stiffener
- Minimum plate thickness
- Buckling capacity (DNV-RP-C201 Buckling Strength of Plated Structures)
- Plate/stiffener connection fatigue (DNV-RP-C203: Fatigue Design of Offshore Steel Structures)
- Bow slamming according to DNVGL ship rules
In an optimization process all these can be acconuted for or individually turned off.
Loads are defined as follows:
- External surface loads defined by polynominal equations
- Tank loads are calculated automatically
Loads are combined according to DNVGL-OS-C101.
The easiest way to install the package is via pip:
$ pip install anystructure
An entry point is defined. After installing on PIP, just type “ANYstructure” in the command window.
Alternatively run __main__.py