Authorization / authentication client library for Python web applications
Authomatic is a framework agnostic library for Python web applications with a minimalistic but powerful interface which simplifies authentication of users by third party providers like Facebook or Twitter through standards like OAuth and OpenID.
For more info visit the project page at http://authomatic.github.io/authomatic.
Authomatic was migrated from a private project of Peter Hudec to a community-managed project. Many thanks to Peter Hudec for all his hard work for creating and maintaining authomatic! We are now a small team of volunteers, not paid for the work here. Any help is appreciated!
- Loosely coupled.
- Tiny but powerful interface.
- The python-openid library is the only optional dependency.
- Framework agnostic thanks to adapters. Out of the box support for Django, Flask, Pyramid and Webapp2.
- Ready to accommodate future authorization/authentication protocols.
- Makes provider API callls a breeze.
- Asynchronous requests.
- Out of the box support for:
- OAuth 1.0a providers: Bitbucket, Flickr, Meetup, Plurk, Twitter, Tumblr, UbuntuOne, Vimeo, Xero, Xing and Yahoo.
- OAuth 2.0 providers: Amazon, Behance, Bitly, Cosm, DeviantART, Eventbrite, Facebook, Foursquare, GitHub, Google, LinkedIn, PayPal, Reddit, Viadeo, VK, WindowsLive, Yammer and Yandex.
- python-openid and Google App Engine based OpenID.
The package is licensed under MIT license.
Requires Python 2.7 and newer. Python 3.x support added in Authomatic 0.0.11 thanks to Emmanuel Leblond <https://github.com/touilleMan>`__.
There is a Google App Engine based live demo app running at http://authomatic-example.appspot.com which makes use of most of the features.
Read the exhaustive documentation at http://authomatic.github.io/authomatic.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for Authomatic-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl