A software tool to improve microscope alignment
Copyright Nicholas Hall, David Pinto, Ian Dobbie (2019)
A simple GUI interface for python-microscope which allows a compatible camera (see python-microscope compatibility list) to be used for optical alignment purposes. The Gui will display live images, calculate and mark beam centroids and then store an alignment centroid position. Once a position is stored the live centroid then displays a pixel based delta position to allow precise alignment between the marked position and the new beam.
Called from the command line using the following format:
"BeamDeltaUI [exposure_time] [camera_1_uri] [camera_2_uri]"
"exposure_time" has a default value of 150 ms and can be set bu adding the flag --exposure-time. The camera URIs have the following format:
Centering lenses within an optical setup.
- align the system with no lenses present using a laser or similar well collimated beam.
- position camera in beam.
- mark centroid.
- add first lens and check centroid.
- shift lens in X and Y (perpendicular to optic axis) to align centroids.
- check for back reflection to ensure the lens is perpendicular to optic axis
- repeat 5 & 6 until no change.
Co-aligning two beams
- start with one correctly aligned beam.
- construct a dual camera setup (description needed!)
- mark centroids on both cameras.
- turn of first beam, turn on second beam
- use two mirrors to walk the beam (description needed) so it matches both centroids.
Required Python version: Python 3.6.3
Required Python packages: sys, argparse, PyQt5, numpy, skimage, scipy and microscope
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size BeamDelta-1.0.0-py3.7.egg (11.2 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.7||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size BeamDelta-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (18.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size BeamDelta-1.0.0.tar.gz (5.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for BeamDelta-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl