Generates and manipulates the physical parameters of a bicycle.
A python program designed to produce and manipulate the basic parameters needed for the Whipple bicycle model.
These are the versions that I tested the code with, but the code will most likely work with older versions.
The easiest method to download and install is with pip:
$ pip install BicycleParameters
There are other options for getting the source code:
- Clone the source code with Git: git clone git://github.com/moorepants/BicycleParameters.git
- Download the source from Github.
- Dowload the source from pypi.
Once you have the source code navigate to the directory and run:
>>> python setup.py install
This will install the software into your system and you should be able to import it with:
>>> import bicycleparameters
>>> import bicycleparameters as bp >>> import numpy as np >>> rigid = bp.Bicycle('Rigid') >>> par = rigid.parameters['Benchmark'] >>> rigid.plot_bicycle_geometry() >>> speeds = np.linspace(0., 10., num=100) >>> rigid.plot_eigenvalues_vs_speed(speeds)
Please refer to the online documentation for more information.
- Speed increase for the eigenvalue calculations.
- Added measurements for the human configuration on some bikes.
- Fixed the tex related bug for the pendulum fit plots
- Fixed some import bugs affecting the split fork/handlebar calcs
- changed the default directory to .
- added pip install notes
- fixed urls in setup.py and the readme
- added version number to the package
- removed the human machine classifier
- reduced the size of the images in the docs
- broke bicycleparameters.py into several modules
- updated the documentation