Generates and manipulates the physical parameters of a bicycle.
A python program designed to produce and manipulate the basic parameters needed for the Whipple bicycle model.
The easiest method to download and install is with pip:
$ pip install BicycleParameters
There are other options for getting the source code:
- Clone the source code with Git: git clone git://github.com/moorepants/BicycleParameters.git
- Download the source from Github.
- Dowload the source from pypi.
Once you have the source code navigate to the directory and run:
>>> python setup.py install
This will install the software into your system and you should be able to import it with:
>>> import bicycleparameters
>>> import bicycleparameters as bp >>> import numpy as np >>> rigid = bp.Bicycle('Rigid') >>> par = rigid.parameters['Benchmark'] >>> rigid.plot_bicycle_geometry() >>> speeds = np.linspace(0., 10., num=100) >>> rigid.plot_eigenvalues_vs_speed(speeds)
Please refer to the online documentation for more information.
- Commands using the state space form of the Whipple model have been reordered to [roll angle, steer angle, roll rate, steer rate]
- Added another rider’s measurments.
- Added a module for printing tables of data.
- Added the Gyrobike and the ability to manage it’s flywheel rigidbody.
- Fixed a bug in calculate_abc_geometry() that gave incorrect geometry values.
- Handles two additional points for the Davis Instrumented Bicycle.
- Added a child sized person based on scaling Charlie’s measurments.
- Added Bode plot commands.
- Added nominal output options for several methods.
- Added a dependency to DynamicistToolKit
- Updated core dependencies to a minimum from the Ubuntu 12.04 release.
- Tested with DTK 0.1.0 to 0.3.5.
- Added Travis support.
- The minimum yeadon version is bumped to 1.1.1 and code updated to reflect the new yeadon api.
- The minimum version of uncertainties is bumped to 2.0.
- Speed increase for the eigenvalue calculations.
- Added measurements for the human configuration on some bikes.
- Fixed the tex related bug for the pendulum fit plots
- Fixed some import bugs affecting the split fork/handlebar calcs
- changed the default directory to .
- added pip install notes
- fixed urls in setup.py and the readme
- added version number to the package
- removed the human machine classifier
- reduced the size of the images in the docs
- broke bicycleparameters.py into several modules
- updated the documentation
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size BicycleParameters-0.2.0.tar.gz (52.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|