Bioinfomatics File access tools
This is a collection of scripts and modules for bioinfomatics file access
Modules, Classes, and Functions
- xzFile, xzopen()
- access to various compressed files, currently recoganize gzip (.gz), bz2(.bz2), and bgzip(.bgz, .b.gz) from samtools package
- tsvFile, tsvRecord, tsv
- tab seperated file with named fields, user could also defined some preprocess functions for field reading and writing
- vcfFile, vcf
- vcf file access, depends on PyVCF, yet provide a convinient and flexable interface
- samFile, sam
- sam file access, based on pysam. pysam also provides interface for tabix (random access tsv file with genome positions), which could be access from BioUtil.sam
- fastqFile, fastaFile:
- fasta/fastq file IO. based on lh3 readfq.
- fetch region sequence from large fasta file. This module is based on faidx through pysam pysam.FastaFile. from v0.1.2: old name fastaReader is deprecated as misleading with fastaFile reader
- experimental, interface to pyfaidx.
- change fasta/fastq Writter methods
- add fastqFile, rename fastaReader to cachedFasta
- add fastaReader
- inital release, support xzFile, tsvFile, vcfFile, samFile and faidx
This module is under GPLv2 Lisense
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size BioUtil-0.3.0.tar.gz (9.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|