Bitstamp API python implementation
Python package to communicate with the bitstamp.net API.
Compatible with Python 2.7+ and Python 3.3+
There are two classes. One for the public part of API and a second for the trading part.
Public class doesn’t need user credentials, because API commands which this class implements are not bound to bitstamp user account.
Description of API: https://www.bitstamp.net/api/
Install from PyPi:
pip install BitstampClient
Install from git:
pip install git+git://github.com/kmadac/bitstamp-python-client.git
Here’s a quick example of usage:
>>> import bitstamp.client >>> public_client = bitstamp.client.Public() >>> print(public_client.ticker()['volume']) 8700.01208078 >>> trading_client = bitstamp.client.Trading( ... username='999999', key='xxx', secret='xxx') >>> print(trading_client.account_balance()['fee']) 0.5000 >>> print(trading_client.ticker()['volume']) # Can access public methods 8700.01208078
How to activate a new API key
- Login your Bitstamp account
- Click on Security -> Api Access
- Select permissions which you want to have for you access key (if you don’t check any box, you will get error message ‘No permission found’ after each API call)
- Click the ‘Generate key’ button and don’t forget to write down your Secret!
- Click ‘Activate’
- Goto your Inbox and click on link sent by Bitstamp to activate this API key
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.