A light weight WSGI framework with a pluggable architecture
BlazeWeb (formerly pysmvt) is a WSGI web framework library designed to be relatively “light weight”, but with a powerful plug-in and override architecture that facilitates modularized development.
Questions & Comments
Please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/blazelibs
The code stays pretty stable, but some of the API will probably change in the future.
The BlazeWeb tip is installable via easy_install with easy_install BlazeWeb==dev
0.6.2 released 2020-11-18
- support Werkzeug 1.0.0+
0.6.1 released 2020-01-27
- fix sending mail with unicode chars
0.6.0 released 2019-10-15
- resolve breakage/deprecation from library updates
- support Werkzeug 0.15+
0.5.2 released 2017-06-09
- fixed a bug in task exception handling
0.5.1 released 2017-06-02
- fixed StackedObjectProxy boolean conversion for python 3
- added logging and exception handling for all task executions
0.5.0 released 2016-11-23
- fixed various testing issues
- add support for Python 3 (3.4 and 3.5)
- set up continuous integration testing on CircleCI and AppVeyor
- test coverage on CodeCov
0.4.16 released 2016-09-02
- bind rg to template by default
0.4.15 released 2016-06-03
- fixed unicode handling for JSON parsing
0.4.14 released 2015-12-08
- add py.test plugin to load a blaze app for testing, similar to the nose plugin
0.4.13 released 2015-10-23
- exception_with_context() is now filtered for sensitive information. The filters can be controlled through settings.
0.4.12 released 2015-10-23
- add json filter, support all json mimetypes that webtest does in the Request.json property
0.4.11 released 2014-12-08
- add FileResponse
0.4.10 released 2014-09-18
- added relative_path kwarg to link_css_url and source_js_url, default behavior remains to use abs_static_url on the url
0.4.9 released 2014-08-29
- add auto-cleanup of beaker sessions for file/dbm storage (if applicable). settings.beaker.auto_clear_sessions (default True) controls this function
- cleanup setup.py and add version.txt file, move to “extra_requires” for specifying developer dependencies.
0.4.8 released 2013-12-17
- adjust setup_file_logging() to accept an argument for the settings object
0.4.7 released 2012-10-24
- add extra_context argument to View.render_json()
0.4.6 released 2012-07-16
- Fixed 0.4.5 regression: previously, a POST XHR would try for xhr() and then post() on a view class, but 0.4.5 would only try for xhr().
0.4.5 released 2012-07-09
- add include_rst() and include_mkdn() as functions available in Jinja templates
- css and js from included templates is now always included, regardless of where in the child template the include method is called.
- add “content” template filter which will merge css/js from the given content object into the parent template
- add link_css_url(), source_js_url() and complimentary head_link_tags() and head_script_tags() template functions to be able to include CSS/JS URLs from any template.
- make HTTP request method handling more robust. Its now easier to respond to request methods that are not GET/POST and we will now correctly return a 405 Method Not Allowed response when the view can not handle the request method sent over.
0.4.4 released 2011-11-09
- fix a nasty bug in the View arg processing that can alter formencode validator
0.4.3 released 2011-10-22
- add routing.abs_static_url(), is available in the template too
- jinja.Translator can now render strings: ag.tplengine.render_string(…)
- change requirement in setup.py for minimock now that 1.2.7 has been released
- detect BW_STORAGE_DIR environ variable
0.4.2 released 2011-06-11
- fix bug in UserProxy
0.4.1 released 2011-06-11
- fixed bw project command, it will now create a decent project file/folder skeleton, see example below.
- minimock’s 1.2.6 release breaks some usage of the library, “pin” dependency at 1.2.5
- add config option http_exception_handling, default behavior is unchanged
- add testing.runview() to make it easier to test views without a WSGI test runner (Werkzeug Client, WebTest TestApp)
Project skeleton will look like:
foobar-dist/ |-- changelog.rst |-- foobar | |-- application.py | |-- config | | |-- __init__.py | | |-- settings.py | | `-- site_settings.py | |-- __init__.py | |-- templates | | `-- index.html | |-- tests | | |-- __init__.py | | `-- test_views.py | `-- views.py |-- MANIFEST.in |-- readme.rst `-- setup.py
0.4.0 released 2011-03-01
- BC BREAK: adjustments to session management & user objects so sessions are lazily loaded. See commits [527b5279ce16], [ae2f4d5c6789] for details of BC issues.
- add utils.session_regenerate_id()
0.3.3 released 2011-02-11
- added a new log, on by default, to capture details about sent emails
- added warning level logs when mail_programmers() or mail_admins() is used with an empty setting
0.3.2 released 2011-02-04
- added pass_as parameter to View.add_processor()
- bump up the default settings for logs.max_bytes(50MB) and log.backup_count (10)
- add settings_connect() decorator for connecting events to settings instance methods
- added setup_*_logging() methods
- make the user and session object available to test responses
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size BlazeWeb-0.6.2-py3-none-any.whl (94.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size BlazeWeb-0.6.2.tar.gz (125.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|