Python interface for the BrickPi using Objects and Coroutines
BrickPython provides an easy Python programming environment for the BrickPi, making Lego NXT motors behave as servo motors. The framework provides coroutines to give you always-responsive programs, and objects to help you partition programs.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://pythonhosted.org/BrickPython/index.html
- Source code: https://github.com/charlesweir/BrickPython
- Implementation of PID algorithm to make an NXT motor into a servo-motor
- Simple objects representing Motor and different types of Sensor
- Implementation of Python coroutines and scheduler for Python 2.7
- Uses Brickpi.py from BrickPi_python
- Implementation of an NXT motor constant speed algorithm
- Full unit test suite
- Runs on other Linux environments (Mac etc) for unit tests and development.
Changes in v0.4
- Updated PID algorithm so it’s independent of the work cycle time. BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WARNING: One parameter to the constructor of Motor.PIDSetting has changed.
- Added specialized sensor classes: UltrasonicSensor, TouchSensor, LightSensor
- Added useful script for cross-platform testing.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.