CALLHORIZONS is a Python interface to access JPL HORIZONS ephemerides and orbital elements of Solar System bodies.
This module provides a convenient python interface to the JPL HORIZONS system by directly accessing and parsing the http website. Ephemerides can be obtained through get_ephemerides, orbital elements through get_elements. Function export2pyephem provides a convenient interface to the PyEphem module that allows for ephemerides calculations on your machine.
The easiest way is to install the module using pip:
pip install callhorizons
For other ways, see the documentation.
The CALLHORIZONS documentation is available at http://mommermi.github.io/callhorizons/readme.html
print RA and DEC of asteroid 433 Eros from Mauna Kea for two discrete dates:
import callhorizons eros = callhorizons.query('Eros') eros.set_discreteepochs([2457446.177083, 2457446.182343]) eros.get_ephemerides(568) print eros['RA'], eros['DEC']
For more examples, see the documentation.
This code is published under the MIT License. Feel free to use this code and modify it to your own needs. Please note that the code is provided as is, without any warranty (see LICENSE file for details).
Copyright (c) 2016 Michael Mommert
Feel free to contact me with your suggestions and comments!
michael.mommert (at) nau.edu
- 2017-02-07: better support for target name parsing (thanks to mkelley!)
- 2016-11-08: added ObsEclLon and ObsEclLat to get_ephemerides()
- 2016-11-06: implemented tests and Python 3.5 support, v1.0.2
- 2016-09-12: bugfix in get_elements, v1.0.1
- 2016-07-19: implemented query for non-asteroidal objects (planets and satellits), v1.0
- 2016-01-13: implemented function export2pyephem that exports orbital elements into a PyEphem object (requires PyEphem: http://rhodesmill.org/pyephem/)
- 2016-02-27: changed structure into class structure, created pip installer, v1.0
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size CALLHORIZONS-1.0.4.tar.gz (310.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|