Chess API for python
Chaturanga is a Chess API written in Python that supports both single-player and two-player games.
$ pip install Chaturanga
- Chessboard generation from a given valid FEN position
- Pretty print of the Chessboard using Unicode (optional, defaults to False)
- Generation of all legal moves for a given position. (including en-passant, castling, and promotion)
- Identifying potential draw situations (3-fold repitition, 100 plies) and checks.
- Identification of all game ending criteria (Checkmate, Stalemate, 5-fold repitition, 150 plies)
- Undoing a move
- Resetting the Chessboard
- Chess Engine using Depth Analysis and a Piece-Square Table
- Lichess BOT
As of now, the Chessboard supports input in UCI notation (eg.
b7b8n) to make a move.