Object-Oriented HTTP framework
Welcome to the GitHub repository of CherryPy!
CherryPy is a pythonic, object-oriented HTTP framework.
- It allows building web applications in much the same way one would build any other object-oriented program.
- This design results in less and more readable code being developed faster. It’s all just properties and methods.
- It is now more than ten years old and has proven fast and very stable.
- It is being used in production by many sites, from the simplest to the most demanding.
- And perhaps most importantly, it is fun to work with :-)
Here’s how easy it is to write “Hello World” in CherryPy:
import cherrypy class HelloWorld(object): @cherrypy.expose def index(self): return "Hello World!" cherrypy.quickstart(HelloWorld())
And it continues to work that intuitively when systems grow, allowing for the Python object model to be dynamically presented as a web site and/or API.
While CherryPy is one of the easiest and most intuitive frameworks out there, the prerequisite for understanding the CherryPy documentation is that you have a general understanding of Python and web development. Additionally:
- Tutorials are included in the repository: https://github.com/cherrypy/cherrypy/tree/master/cherrypy/tutorial
- A general wiki at: https://github.com/cherrypy/cherrypy/wiki
If the docs are insufficient to address your needs, the CherryPy community has several avenues for support.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size CherryPy-10.2.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (435.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size CherryPy-10.2.2.tar.gz (688.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for CherryPy-10.2.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl