The CodeChat system for software documentation
Welcome to CodeChat, a programmer’s word processor. CodeChat encourages literate programming by transforming source files into web pages and by providing a powerful editor which synchronizes between the source code view and the web view of a document. CodeChat transforms plain-text source code into a beautiful and descriptive document, allowing you to record your ideas, helpful hyperlinks to on-line resources, include expressive images and diagrams, and much more.
Next install Enki, which hosts the CodeChat system.
|Source code||CodeChat results|
// ReST_ works *here*. //But not here -- a space must follow the comment. /* Not here either. Only single-line comments work. */ a = 1; // Not here either. Comments must be on a b = 2; // separate line, not following code.
ReST works here.
//But not here -- a space must follow the comment. /* Not here either. Only single-line comments work. */ a = 1; // Not here either. Comments must be on a b = 2; // separate line, not following code.
“Sphinx is a tool that makes it easy to create intelligent and beautiful documentation” . It provides additional features, including the ability to link together many documents (such as all the files in a program’s source code). To use Sphinx with Enki:
- Go to Settings | Settings | CodeChat and enable Sphinx and CodeChat.
- Choose a project directory, which contains source code to document.
- Click OK. Then, open a source file in the project directory you select.
- Open the Preview pane, where the source code will be displayed.
|||Currently, only single-line comments in C/C++, Python, reST, assembly (.s), BASH scripts, PHP, MATLAB scripts, DOS batch (.bat) files, .ini, and .iss files are supported.|
- Development version:
- Update setup.py based on modern usage.
- Update docs.
- Remove unused PyQt dependencies.
- Modernize documentation style in LanguageSpecificOptions.py.
- 0.0.17, 17-Nov-2014:
- Support Sphinx versions before 1.2.
- Move non-CodeChat templates to Enki.
0.0.16 - 0.0.13, 11-Nov-2014:
- Improved Sphinx template: doesn’t replace default.css.
- Updated CSS to work better with docutils.
0.0.12, released 1-Sep-2014:
- Fixes so that CodeChat’s Sphinx extension now works.
- File encoding can now be specified.
- Installaiton instructions added and docs reworked.
0.0.11, released 1-May-2014:
- Fixed Unicode errors.
- Removed incorrect extra spacing between code and comments.
- Fixed unit tests and added a few more.
- Removed unused CodeLink directive.
0.0.10, released 17-Apr-2014:
- Revamped packaging.
- Updated docs.
- Used .. instead of marker to indent comments, producing cleaner ReST.
- Split CodeToRest into CodeToRest, CodeToRestSphinx modules.
Copyright (C) 2012-2014 Bryan A. Jones.
This file is part of CodeChat.
CodeChat is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
CodeChat is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with CodeChat. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|CodeChat-0.0.19a1-py2-none-any.whl (69.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|CodeChat-0.0.19a1.zip (52.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|