Crypto Instant Messenger
A secure* instant messenger written in Python out of sheer fun.
* not really secure (at least not yet)
- Get the source code at GitHub.
- Build: python setup.py build and sudo python setup.py install
- To run: python main.py
- To run unit tests: python setup.py nosetests
- To clean, run: python setup.py clean --all
- To edit connection options, edit the main.cfg file.
Building on Linux
- Make sure to install these packages using your package manager: python and python-setuptools
- Follow steps 2., 3. and 6. from Building
Everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by translating to a new language
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by closing issues
- by reviewing patches
Submitting an Issue
We use the GitHub issue tracker to track bugs and features. Before submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn’t already been submitted. When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce the bug, including your Python version and operating system.