A secure* instant messenger written in Python out of sheer fun.
* not really secure (at least not yet)
- Get the source code at GitHub.
- Build: python setup.py build and sudo python setup.py install
- To run: python main.py
- To run unit tests: python setup.py nosetests
- To clean, run: python setup.py clean --all
- To edit connection options, edit the main.cfg file.
Building on Linux
- Make sure to install these packages using your package manager: python and python-setuptools
- Follow steps 2., 3. and 6. from Building
Everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by translating to a new language
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by closing issues
- by reviewing patches
Submitting an Issue
We use the GitHub issue tracker to track bugs and features. Before
submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn’t
already been submitted. When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist
that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce
the bug, including your Python version and operating system.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.