A high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Thanks for checking it out.
All documentation is in the “docs” directory and online at http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/. If you’re just getting started, here’s how we recommend you read the docs:
- First, read docs/intro/install.txt for instructions on installing Django.
- Next, work through the tutorials in order (docs/intro/tutorial01.txt, docs/intro/tutorial02.txt, etc.).
- If you want to set up an actual deployment server, read docs/howto/deployment/index.txt for instructions.
- You’ll probably want to read through the topical guides (in docs/topics) next; from there you can jump to the HOWTOs (in docs/howto) for specific problems, and check out the reference (docs/ref) for gory details.
- See docs/README for instructions on building an HTML version of the docs.
Docs are updated rigorously. If you find any problems in the docs, or think they should be clarified in any way, please take 30 seconds to fill out a ticket here:
To get more help:
- Join the #django channel on irc.freenode.net. Lots of helpful people hang out there. Read the archives at http://django-irc-logs.com/.
- Join the django-users mailing list, or read the archives, at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To contribute to Django:
- Check out http://www.djangoproject.com/community/ for information about getting involved.
To run Django’s test suite:
- Follow the instructions in the “Unit tests” section of docs/internals/contributing/writing-code/unit-tests.txt, published online at https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-code/unit-tests/#running-the-unit-tests
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Django-1.5.4.tar.gz (8.1 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|