A collection of useful classes and functions for developing large-scale Django-based web applications.
Djblets is a large collection of general and special-purpose building blocks designed to help with the development of web applications written using Django and Python.
The following modules are available. These contain classes, functions, template tags, templates, etc. that can be used by your own codebase.
- djblets.auth - Authentication-related utilities for registration, login rate limiting, and other auth-related uses
- djblets.avatars - Avatar rendering with flexible backends (supporting Gravatars, custom URLs, file uploads, or custom options)
- djblets.cache - Helpers for working with client-side and server-side caching needs
- djblets.conditions - User-defined condition rules under which actions should be performed
- djblets.configforms - Category-based, multi-form configuration pages
- djblets.datagrid - Customizable grids for displaying information, with custom columns
- djblets.db - Specialized fields, validation, and query operations for databases
- djblets.extensions - Extension framework, allowing third-party developers to extend your product or service
- djblets.features - Feature flags for enabling/disabling functionality based on any criteria
- djblets.feedview - Inline RSS feed reader for news posts and other data
- djblets.forms - Specialized fields and widgets, enhanced form rendering, and dictionary-backed form data
- djblets.gravatars - Low-level functions and template tags for injecting Gravatars into pages
- djblets.http - Utilities for working with HTTP requests and responses.
- djblets.integrations - Framework for integrating with third-party services and offering unlimited numbers of user-defined configurations
- djblets.log - Enhanced logging capabilities and log viewing
- djblets.mail - Enhanced Mail sending with DMARC checks and send-on-behalf-of-user functionality
- djblets.markdown - Markdown rendering for pages and e-mails, with WYSIWYG editing/rendering support
- djblets.privacy - Privacy-by-design support, allowing consent to be requested and tracked and personal information redacted
- djblets.recaptcha - Mixins and form widgets for reCAPTCHA integration
- djblets.registries - Base support for defining in-code registries, which tracks and allows lookup of custom-registered objects
- djblets.siteconfig - In-database site configuration and settings, with Django settings mappings
- djblets.template - Loaders for intelligent template caching and utilities for working with template caches and state
- djblets.testing - Utilities for enhancing unit tests and defining smarter test runners
- djblets.urls - Flexible root-level URL handlers, dynamic URL patterns that can be changed at runtime, and more
- djblets.util - An assortment of misc. utility functions and template tags
- djblets.views - Class-based View mixins for controlling caching and more complex dispatch behavior
- djblets.webapi - Foundation for building fully-featured, consisent, maintainable REST APIs
See the documentation for guides and code references for working with Djblets.
Djblets 0.9 (release-0.9.x) supports Python 2.6 and 2.7, and Django 1.6.
Djblets 1.0 (release-1.0.x) supports Python 2.7 and Django 1.6.
Djblets 2.0 (release-2.0.x) supports Python 2.7, 3.5, and 3.6, and Django 1.6, 1.8, 1.0. 1,0. and 1.11.
See the release notes for information on the latest public releases.
We provide source builds, Wheels, and Eggs for Djblets. We recommend you use Wheels unless you have a reason to use Eggs or source builds.
To install Wheels via pip:
$ pip install Djblets
To install Eggs via easy_install:
$ easy_install Djblets
We can help you with Djblets-related development over on our Review Board development list.
Hit a bug? Let us know by filing a bug report.
You can also look through the existing bug reports to see if anyone else has already filed the bug.
Are you a developer? Do you want to integrate Djblets into your project and contribute back? Great! Let’s help get you started.
First off, we have a few handy guides:
- Review Board Contributor Guide - This generally applies to Djblets as well.
We accept patches on reviews.reviewboard.org. (Please note that we do not accept pull requests.)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Djblets-2.1-py2.7.egg (2.4 MB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Djblets-2.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.6 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Djblets-2.1.tar.gz (1.2 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Djblets-2.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl