Lightweight search engine with a web frontend
Dokang is a lightweight search engine with a web frontend.
Status: Dokang is fully functional and works for us but has a few limitations:
- the indexing and search features are minimal. They work but could certainly be tweaked to be faster, provide better results or, who knows, both;
- the two-file configuration is a bit unfortunate. The INI file is useful for WSGI servers but defining structured options is much easier in Python;
- more generally, the configuration may be a bit discouraging. Suggestions and contributions are welcome.
Dokang 0.4.2 (2014-09-01)
- Fix bad-looking (but working) URLs generated in the web front-end. They used to contain two consecutive slashes (for example http://example.com/project//doc.html) when the configuration of the project had a slash at the end of its URL.
Dokang 0.4.1 (2014-08-27)
- Fixed MANIFEST.in so that the Python package contains all templates and stylesheets required by the web front-end.
Dokang 0.4.0 (2014-07-04)
- A new dokang.hit_limit option has been added to the INI configuration file. It limits the number of results shown on the web front-end (or lift this limit if the option is absent).
Dokang 0.3.0 (2014-07-04)
- Fixed bug in the HTML harvester. Trying to use it would fail with an exception because Whoosh would complain about something that unexpectedly is a byte string.
- Fixed bug in the handling of deleted documents. They were not deleted from the index.
Dokang 0.2.0 (2014-06-24)