Automatically build consistent sets of EPICS support modules
The support module manager sumo is a program to build consistent sets of EPICS support modules and use them in EPICS applications.
EPICS is the Experimental Physics Industrial Control System, see also: http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics
Some of the features are:
- All module dependencies are held in a JSON dependency database.
- The dependency database can be managed automatically with a version control system in order to keep it in sync on a number of build hosts.
- In order to migrate your existing support module installation a scanner program creates a dependency database from existing support directories.
- The program builds consistent sets of EPICS support modules.
- The program fetches module source code from various sources, directories, tar files or version control systems (currently git, mercurial, darcs, subversion and cvs).
- If a set of support modules is to be used in an application a RELEASE is generated with all the relevant paths.