Library for reading tabular data from excel in a very forgiving manner.
EXCELerator is high-level, configurable library for reading tabular data from Excel worksheets. It is a wrapper around the excellent openpyxl library.
The primary use case for EXCELerator is for reading data from excel forms that were filled out by someone other than yourself. If you're ever had to do this, you'll recognize the following issues:
- The worksheet does not the right name.
- The headers are in the wrong place (displaced down and/or to the right or in the wrong order)
- The headers are slightly modified (maybe whitespace or a new line characters added for aesthetics)
- Entire fields are missing. Or there are extra fields.
Whatever the changes - by the time it got back to you, the Excel form has changed just enough to throw a wrench into the pandas, openpyxl, or xlrd script you wrote. At this point, you could quality check each form manually. But this is arduous and error prone.
Or you could do the heavy lifting using EXCELerator's TableParser, FieldParser, WorksheetParser, and Normalize classes:
- Specificy the field names you expect to find
- Allow approximate field matches.
- Allow or suppress exceptions for missing fields or worksheets.
- Set the headers row number or have EXCELerator find the header row.
- Normalize data per field or for the entire table
- Read data as a collection of records (i.e. rows) or fields (i.e. columns)
This is just a small sampling of EXCELerator fuctionality. See the documentation for full details.
pip install EXCELerator
from excelerator import TableParser path = r'path\to\excel\sheet.xlsx' sheetname = 'worksheet name' tr = TableReader() my_table_as_dict = tr.get_fields(path, sheetname)
A Work in Progress
The library currently has a sparse set of features. More are coming quickly.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size EXCELerator-0.7-py3-none-any.whl (32.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size EXCELerator-0.7.tar.gz (43.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for EXCELerator-0.7-py3-none-any.whl