REST API framework powered by Flask, MongoDB and good intentions.
Powered by Flask, MongoDB, Redis and good intentions Eve allows to effortlessly build and deploy highly customizable, fully featured RESTful Web Services.
Eve is Simple
from eve import Eve app = Eve() app.run()
The API is now live, ready to be consumed:
$ curl -i http://example.com/people HTTP/1.1 200 OK
All you need to bring your API online is a database, a configuration file (defaults to settings.py) and a launch script. Overall, you will find that configuring and fine-tuning your API is a very simple process.
Eve is thoroughly tested under Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 and PyPy.
- Emphasis on REST
- Full range of CRUD operations
- Customizable resource endpoints
- Customizable, multiple item endpoints
- Filtering and Sorting
- JSON and XML Rendering
- Conditional Requests
- Data Integrity and Concurrency Control
- Bulk Inserts
- Data Validation
- Extensible Data Validation
- Resource-level Cache Control
- API Versioning
- Document Versioning
- CORS Cross-Origin Resource Sharing
- Read-only by default
- Default Values
- Predefined Database Filters
- Embedded Resource Serialization
- Event Hooks
- Rate Limiting
- Custom ID Fields
- File Storage
- MongoDB Support
- Powered by Flask