Simple and extensible admin interface framework for Flask
This is library for building adminstrative interface on top of Flask framework.
Instead of providing simple scaffolding for the SQLAlchemy models, Flask-Admin provides tools that can be used to build adminstrative interface of any complexity, using consistent look and feel.
Small example (Flask initialization omitted):
app = Flask(__name__) admin = Admin() admin.add_view(ModelView(User, db.session)) admin.add_view(GalleryManager(name='Photos', category='Cats')) admin.init_app(app)
If you’re looking for 0.x version of the Flask-Admin written by Andy Wilson, check here.
Flask-Admin is extensively documented, you can find documentation here.
Some ideas were taken from the Flask-Admin by Andy Wilson.
Library comes with few examples, you can find them in examples directory.
- Peewee 2.x support
- Model form scaffolding is now customizable in model views
- Inline model forms are much more customizable now
- List view type-based formatters
- Database NULL will be displayed in list view as empty string by default. Use type-based formatter if you want to show something else.
- Use Select2 instead of Chosen
- List view formatting callbacks. See example.
- _template_args property is now available in all views
- on_model_change and on_model_delete callbacks
- Model backends now support list_display_pk property
- Minor template refactoring, more blocks to override
- Supported multiple Admin class instances for one Flask application
- File uploads are now supported in model views
- Use HTTPS CDN for jQuery
- Lots of minor fixes
- Support for non-nullable boolean fields
- If create/delete/update fails, Flask-Admin will rollback the transaction
- Default column values support
- list_display_all_relations to show many-to-one relations in list view
- get_query method, which can be overridden to implement additional filtering/sorting/etc
- Synonym properties support
- Backend will ignore protected fields (name starting with underscore) from now on
- Support for various PostgreSQL fields
- Peewee model backend
- Inline form administration interface for models a-la Django
- Mass actions - methods that work with more than one item (for example - mass delete for models or files)
- SQLAlchemy form scaffolding is now independent from the wtforms.ext.sqlalchemy helpers
- Added ability to mount administrative interface as a top-level folder
- Administrative interface can now be mounted as a subdomain
- Can now use FileField in model admin
- Revamped model templates, much more customizable now
- Model list view column formatting callbacks
- Lots of bugfixes
- Fixed setup manifest
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Flask-Admin-1.0.3.tar.gz (154.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|