Powerful REST API framework for Flask and SQLAlchemy
Flask-Potion is a powerful Flask extension for building RESTful JSON APIs. Potion features include validation, model resources and routes, relations, object permissions, filtering, sorting, pagination, signals, and automatic API schema generation.
Potion is designed to handle SQLAlchemy models, but it is also possible to integrate other data stores, or even to use parts of Potion without any data store at all.
The user’s guide and documentation is published here:
- Powerful API framework both for data-store-linked and plain resources
- JSON-based and fully self-documenting with JSON Hyper-Schema
- Flask-SQLAlchemy integration
- Filtering, sorting, pagination, validation, built right in
- Smart system for handling relations between resources
- Easy-to-use, yet highly flexible, optional permissions system
- Signals for pre- and post-processing of requests
- Very customizable — everything is just a resource, route, or schema
- Natural keys for extra simple relation querying (planned)
The web nowadays is increasingly push rather than pull, so Potion is gradually building up to providing a scalable WebSocket service (using asyncio and a message queue). This service will mirror the RESTful API so that every GET request can be done “live”. (In the meantime, you can use the signals module to roll your own solution).
Potion is written in a way that makes it very easy to cache resources. A natural goal is to eventually ship Potion with a built-in server-side caching solution.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Flask-Potion-0.5.2.tar.gz (28.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|