Build HTML forms quickly and easily.
Build forms quickly and easily using groups of simple helper functions.
- Download and install from source
- Fixed bug with end_layout()
- Added optional side argument to field() so that labels can be put above fields when it is set to False
- Added a required_position argument to field() so that the required asterix can be put after the label when set to 'after'.
- Added for attributes to <label> fields generated by field()
- Support for BuildKit
- Fixed tests with legacy WebHelpers
FormBuild 3 is a complete from-the-ground-up re-write of FormBuild 2 with deliberately more limited scope but increased real-world usefuleness.
Major changes since previous version:
- Removal of the formbuild.helpers module
- Removal of dependency on WebHelpers
- Removal of all previously deprecated code
- Renaming the values, errors, state and options argument to Form to value, error, flow and option respectively
- Removal of ability to set values, or options at design time
- Introduction of a checked argument to Form to determine whether checkboxes are checked or not at form execution time, not based on values or at design time
- The id attribute is no longer automatically generated based on the name and the type attribute comes before name for <input> fields
- Added doctests for all fields
- Added full documentation
- Added helpers for combo() and dropdown()
- Refactored the options code for using a dropdown in a field
- Started updating the documentation
- Removed some old comments, moved deprecated code to the end
- Added the ability of select() to use the new options infrastructure.
- Updated the MANIFEST.in file to include tests and docs in the source distribution.
- Moved the formbuild.helpers doctest code into the main doc.py test.
- Made the use of the default argument raise an Exception instead of logging an error
- Added some documentation tests
- Changed checkbox_group() and radio_group() to take a sub_name argument for formatting fields according to a NestedRecord structure.
- The combo() and checkbox_group() fields can now take options from those passed to the Form object constructor.
- Added Sphinx code
- Made checkbox_group() and radio_group() XHTML compatible by using the attribute checked="checked".
- Allowed the checkbox() to also be able to get its value from the options argument passed to the Form constructor and determine whether not it is ticked from a True or False value in the values argument passed to the Form constructor.
- Used CSS for spacing of required asterix
- Added an options argument to Form instead of individual fields having options
- Added a stricter errors_to_dict() function that catches errors such as forgetting allow_extra_fields, filter_extra_fields.
- Added a values_to_dict() function for encoding values
- Added a .validation_state attribute and ValidationState class.
- The title() field and action bar now have a colspan of 3
- Added a title() field to the Form
- Added an imagebutton field
- Added field_pre and field_extra options to the field() method
- Updated the tests
- Added a style used for padding to the labels in checkbox groups.
- Changed _group() helper to automatically convert arguments to unicode.
- First pre-alpha version of the refactored FormBuild.
FormBuild - Build HTML forms quickly and easily Copyright (C) 2008 <James Gardner>
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|FormBuild-3.0.2-py2.6.egg (40.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6|
|FormBuild-3.0.2.tar.gz (51.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|