Python3 GTK3 wrapper for EXIV2, which is used to read and edit image IPTC metadata. It can handle bulk operations on directories of image files.
Please note, this is a very early beta …
This is a python3 GTK3 wrapper for the EXIV2 application, used to read and edit IPTC image metadata. This application can handle bulk operations on directories of image files. Currently the application only allows editing of IPTC keywords (Iptc.Application2.Keyword). However, all IPTC datasets may be displayed or removed.
- Read and edit IPTC image metadata.
- Select to operate on a single image file, or do bulk operations on a directory of image files.
- Allows for complete removal of unrequired IPTC datasets.
- Either select a single image file, or a directory containing image files. This can be accomplished via either the “File” menu or the “Currently selected file or directory” field. Acceptable mime image types are: jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, png, gif.
- The following functions are available:
- Display Keywords (button): Shows all the keywords of the selected file(s).
- Display Date Created (button): Shows all the “DateCreated” tags of the selected file(s).
- Display IPTC Datasets (button): Shows all the IPTC tag types of the selected file(s).
- Replace Keyword(s)
- Tap in the “keyword to replace” field to bring up the list. Highlight the keyword to replace. Tap the “select” button.
- Type the new keyword into the “New key phrase” field. Keywords may be selected from previously used by double-clicking from the list that appears in the action pane.
- Tap the “Replace keyword(s) button to complete the change.
- Add a new keyword:
- Do as above (replacement), but leave the “keyword to replace” field empty.
- Delete an existing keyword:
- Do as above (replacement), but leave the “New keyword” field empty.
- Remove IPTC dataset:
- Type IPTC dataset identifier exactly as it appears into the “Remove IPTC Dataset” field.
- Tap the “Remove IPTC Dataset” button.
For the current version number, see IptcEditor/VERSION.rst
- Add ability to view, add and edit additional IPTC datasets
- Add support for additional types of metadata
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size IptcEditor-0.4.2.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (88.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size IptcEditor-0.4.2.4.tar.gz (72.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for IptcEditor-0.4.2.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl