A Python to Java bridge.
JPype is an effort to allow python programs full access to java class libraries.
This changelog only contains changes from the first pypi release (0.5.4.3) onwards.
- Optional support for NumPy arrays in handling of Java arrays. Both set and get slice operators are supported. Speed improvement of factor 10 for setting and factor 6 for getting. The returned arrays are typed with the matching NumPy type.
- Fix: add missing wrapper type ‘JShort’
- Fix: Conversion check for unsigned types did not work in array setters (tautological compare)
- Fix: array setter memory leak (ISSUE: #64)
- Fix: setup.py now runs under MacOSX with Python 2.6 (referred to missing subprocess function)
Note that this release is not compatible with Python 2.5 anymore!
- Added AHL changes
- replaced Python set type usage with new 2.6.x and higher
- fixed broken Python slicing semantics on JArray objects
- fixed a memory leak in the JVM when passing Python lists to JArray constructors
- prevent ctrl+c seg faulting
- corrected new/delete pairs to stop valgrind complaining
- ship basic PyMemoryView implementation (based on numpy’s) for Python 2.6 compatibility
- Fast sliced access for primitive datatype arrays (factor of 10)
- Use setter for Java bean property assignment even if not having a getter by @baztian
- Fix public methods not being accessible if a Java bean property with the same name exists by @baztian (Warning: In rare cases this change is incompatibile to previous releases. If you are accessing a bean property without using the get/set method and the bean has a public method with the property’s name you have to change the code to use the get/set methods.)
- Make jpype.JException catch exceptions from subclasses by @baztian
- Make more complex overloaded Java methods accessible (fixes https://sourceforge.net/p/jpype/bugs/69/) by @baztian and anonymous
- Some minor improvements inferring unnecessary copies in extension code
- Some JNI cleanups related to memory
- Fix memory leak in array setters
- Fix memory leak in typemanager
- Add userguide from sourceforge project by @baztian
0.5.4.5 (2013-08-25 12:12)
- Added support for OSX 10.9 Mavericks by @rmangino (#16)
0.5.4.4 (2013-08-10 19:30)
- Rewritten Java Home directory Search by @marsam (#13, #12 and #7)
- Stylistic cleanups of setup.py
0.5.4.3 (2013-07-27 14:00)
Initial pypi release with most fixes for easier installation