Tools for working with matrices and vectors.
This module contains some tools for linear algebra. It contains classes to define matrices and vectors, and a number of functions for working on those matrices and vectors. It is intended for mathematical and scientific use. It saved me a lot of time in a linear algebra class.
- vector: collection which defines a vector in Cartesian coordinates
- matrix: two-dimensional collection stored in row-major order
- AxApproxB: solves Ax approximately equal to b; for use when the rows of matrix b are not in the column space of A
- axpy: ax+y where a is a scalar, and x and y are vectors
- bestfit: used to find a line of best fit from given points
- colVec: makes a matrix with one column
- det: returns the determinant of a square matrix. Can return a cross product if the top row contains the unit vectors.
- dot: returns the dot product of two vectors
- crossProduct: Returns a cross product
- GaussJordan: solves AX=B, where matrices A and B are known and X is returned. If B is not in the column-space of A, use AxApproxB.
- identityMatrix: makes an identity matrix of a given size
- linearCombination: returns a linear combination based on a list of scalars and a list of vectors
- mmMult: matrix-matrix multiplication
- mvMult: matrix-vector multiplication
- norm: takes the norm of a vector; defaults to 2 (Euclidian norm)
- permutationMatrix: makes a permutation matrix based on a given permutation vector
- proj: projection of one vector onto another
- rowVec: makes a matrix with one row
- transpose: transposes a matrix
- unitVector: constructs a unit vector
- v: wrapper around vector instantiation
- zeroMatrix: makes a zero matrix of a given size
- zeroVector: makes a zero vector of a given size
Help is available in the included help file.