Atmospheric seeing simulation using a woofer-tweeter algorithm
This Python 3 module implements the algorithm described in the paper “Simulating Large Atmospheric Phase Screens Using a Woofer-Tweeter Algorithm.” Optics Express 24, no. 20 (October 3, 2016): 23566–71. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.24.023566.
To see a customisable movie of the phase screens generated by this module, you can run an app over the web using Streamlit Share by following the link below:
Alternatively, view a short movie in a Jupyter notebook at
The module runs under Python3 and requires numpy and scipy.
For running some of the example code, the astropy library is used.
On unix-like systems do
pip3 install MegaScreen
or if that does not work because of file permission errors, then
sudo pip3 install MegaScreen
Alternatively download and unpack a copy of this repository, change the working directory to this directory and then use
pip3 install -e .
This should install the package into the Python path.
See the documentation at http://megascreen.readthedocs.io/ for a description on how to use the module.
- The code in this repository is licenced under the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0
- (see LICENSE).
- Updated demos so they don’t crash with recent assert
- Demos can run without installing MegaScreen
- Streamlit demo app can run on Streamlit Share
- Added an assert to check that the size of a window does not exceed the size of a tweeter screen
- Removed restriction on dx and increased memory efficiency by allocating the minimum number of tiles needed
- Added a numIter parameter to MegaScreen() to allow straightforward use in for loops
- All parameters to MegaScreen() now have default values to ease adoption
- Tidied up test code
- Added extensive documentation on http://megascreen.readthedocs.io
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size MegaScreen-1.0.1.tar.gz (23.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|