Wrapper around the miiCard API.
Source available: https://github.com/miiCard/api-wrappers-python Licensed under BSD 3-Clause licence (see LICENSE.txt)
Python wrapper classes around the miiCard API.
This repository houses the source for the latest version of the miiCard Consumers library available on PyPI.
See http://www.miicard.com/developers for more information.
What is miiCard
miiCard lets anybody prove their identity to the same level of traceability as using a passport, driver’s licence or photo ID. We then allow external web applications to ask miiCard users to share a portion of their identity information with the application through a web-accessible API.
What is the library for?
miiCard’s API is an OAuth-protected web service supporting SOAP, POX and JSON - documentation is available. The library wraps the JSON endpoint of the API, making it easier to make the required OAuth signed requests.
You can obtain a consumer key and secret from miiCard by contacting us on our support form, including the details listed on the developer site.
Pull the library into your own application by downloading the latest released version from PyPI.
You’ll need to implement your own OAuth exchange with miiCard.com’s OAuth endpoint to obtain an access token and secret for a user. Once you’ve got your consumer key and secret, access token and access token secret you can instantiate an API wrapper:
- api = MiiCardOAuthClaimsService(“consumer_key”, “consumer_secret”,
- “access_token”, “access_token_secret”)
Then make calls against it simply:
user_profile_response = api.get_claims().data
user_first_name = user_profile_response.data.first_name
The library takes a dependency on simplegeo-oauth2, but uses a patched version of it to correct a few issues.
- Use GitHub issue tracking to report bugs in the library
- If you’re going to submit a patch, please base it off the development branch - the master reflects the latest version published to PyPI but may not necessarily be bleeding-edge
- Join the miiCard.com developer forums to keep up to date with the latest releases and planned changes