Mopidy extension for ALSA volume control
Mopidy extension for ALSA volume control.
- A Linux system using ALSA for audio playback.
- pyalsaaudio. Bindings for using the ALSA API from Python. The package is available as python-alsaaudio in Debian/Ubuntu.
Install by running:
sudo python3 -m pip install Mopidy-AlsaMixer
See https://mopidy.com/ext/alsamixer/ for alternative installation methods.
The default configuration will probably work for most use cases.
The following configuration values are available:
- alsamixer/card: Which soundcard to use, if you have more than one. Numbered from 0 and up. 0 is the default.
- alsamixer/control: Which ALSA control to use. Defaults to Master. Other typical values includes PCM. Run the command amixer scontrols to list available controls on your system.
- alsamixer/min_volume and alsamixer/max_volume: Map the Mopidy volume control range to a different range. Values are in the range 0-100. Use this if the default range (0-100) is too wide, resulting in a small usable range for Mopidy’s volume control. For example try min_volume = 30 and max_volume = 70 to map Mopidy’s volume control to the middle of ALSA’s volume range.
- alsamixer/volume_scale: Either linear, cubic, or log. The cubic scale is the default as it is closer to how the human ear percieves volume, and matches the volume scale used in the alsamixer program.
Example alsamixer section from the Mopidy configuration file:
[alsamixer] card = 1 control = PCM min_volume = 0 max_volume = 100 volume_scale = cubic
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_ALSAMixer-2.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (9.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-ALSAMixer-2.0.0.tar.gz (11.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_ALSAMixer-2.0.0-py3-none-any.whl