Mopidy extension for playing music from Google Play Music
You must have a Google account, and either:
- have some music uploaded to your Google Play Music library, or
- have a subscription for Google Play Music All Access.
Install the Mopidy-GMusic extension by running:
pip install mopidy-gmusic
Before starting Mopidy, you must add your Google username and password to your Mopidy configuration file:
[gmusic] username = alice password = secret
If you use 2-step verification to access your Google account, which you should, you must create an application password in your Google account for Mopidy-GMusic. See Google’s docs on how to make an app password if you’re not already familiar with this.
By default, All Access will be enabled automatically if you subscribe. You may force enable or disable it by using the all_access option:
[gmusic] all_access = true
By default, the bitrate is set to 160 kbps. You can change this to either 128 or 320 kbps by setting:
[gmusic] bitrate = 320
All Access radios are available as browsable content or playlist. The following are the default config values:
[gmusic] # Show radio stations in content browser radio_stations_in_browse = true # Show radio stations as playlists radio_stations_as_playlists = false # Limit the number of radio stations, unlimited if unset radio_stations_count = # Limit the number or tracks for each radio station radio_tracks_count = 25
Google Play Music requires all clients to provide a device ID. By default, Mopidy-GMusic will use your system’s MAC address as the device ID. As Google puts some limits on how many different devices you can associate with an account, you might want to control what device ID is used. You can set the gmusic/deviceid config to e.g. the device ID from your phone where you also use Google Play Music:
[gmusic] deviceid = 0123456789abcdef
The Android device ID is a 16 character long string identifying the Android device registered for Google Play Music, excluding the 0x prefix. You can obtain this ID by dialing *#*#8255#*#* on your phone (see the aid) or using this app (see the Google Service Framework ID Key).
On iOS the device ID is an UUID with the ios: prefix included. (TODO: Include instructions on how to retrieve this.)
The extension is enabled by default if all dependencies are available. You can simply browse through your library and search for tracks, albums, and artists. Google Play Music playlists are imported as well. You can even add songs from your All Access subscription to your library. Mopidy will able to play them.
There have been reports of some errors relating to certificate verification like the following:
SSLError: ("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate verify failed')],)",)
This is because OpenSSL 1.0.1 cannot handle cross-signed certificates. There have been a number of possible solutions for this. Below, they are listed in order of preference. If one is not possible or does not work, try the next one.
Upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2
Assign the result of the following command to the REQUESTS_CA_BUNDLE:
python -c 'import certifi; print certifi.old_where()'
Downgrade to certifi==2015.04.28
- Require gmusicapi >= 10.1.
- Make search work for gmusicapi >= 10.0. (Fixes: #116, PR: #117)
- Enable search for accounts without All Access. (PR: #117)
- Require cachetools. (PR: #119)
- Caching should be more consistent. (Fixes: #63, PR: #122)
- Autodetect All Access if not specified in config. (PR: #123)
- General refactoring. (PR: #120, #121)
- Much faster playlist loading. (PR: #130)
- Library browse rewrite. (PR: #131)
- Add IFL playlist and improve radio caching. (PR: #135)
- Require Mopidy >= 1.0.
- Require gmusicapi >= 6.0.
- Update to work with new playback API in Mopidy 1.0. (PR: #75)
- Update to work with new search API in Mopidy 1.0.
- Fix crash when tracks lack album or artist information. (Fixes: #74, PR: #24, also thanks to PRs #27, #64)
- Log error on login failure instead of swallowing the error. (PR: #36)
- Add support for All Access search and lookup (PR: #34)
- Add dynamic playlist based on top rated tracks.
- Add support for radio stations in browser and/or as playlists.
- Add support for browsing artists and albums in the cached library.
- Add cover art to Album.images model field.
- Add background refreshing of library and playlists. (Fixes: #21)
- Fix authentication issues. (Fixes: #82, #87)
- Add LRU cache for All Access albums and tracks.
- Increment Google’s play count if 50% or 240s of the track has been played. (PR: #51, and later changes)
- Let gmusicapi use the device’s MAC address as device ID by default.
- Fix increasing of play counts in Google Play Music. (Fixes: #96)
- Fix scrobbling of tracks to Last.fm through Mopidy-Scrobbler. (Fixes: #60)
- Fix unhandled crashes on network connectivity issues. (Fixes: #85)
- Add gmusic/bitrate config to select streaming bitrate.
- Issue #19: Public playlist support
- Issue #16: All playlist files are playable now
- Require Mopidy >= 0.18.
- Issue #17: Fixed a bug regarding various artist albums (compilations)
- Issue #18: Fixed Google Music API playlist call for version 3.0.0
- Issue #16 (partial): All Access tracks in playlists are playable now
- Issue #15: Fixed a bug regarding the translation of Google album artists to Mopidy album artists
- Issue #12: Now able to play music from Google All Access
- Issue #9: Switched to the Mobileclient API of Google Music API
- Issue #4: Generate Album and Artist Search Results
- Issue #11: Browsing the library fixed by implementing find_exact()
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_GMusic-2.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (20.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-GMusic-2.0.0.tar.gz (24.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_GMusic-2.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl