Mopidy extension for playing music from your local music archive
Mopidy extension for playing music from your local music archive.
Table of contents
Mopidy-Local is currently kept on life support by the Mopidy core developers. It is in need of a more dedicated maintainer.
If you want to be the maintainer of Mopidy-Local, please:
Make 2-3 good pull requests improving any part of the project.
Read and get familiar with all of the project’s open issues.
Send a pull request removing this section and adding yourself as the “Current maintainer” in the “Credits” section below. In the pull request description, please refer to the previous pull requests and state that you’ve familiarized yourself with the open issues.
As a maintainer, you’ll be given push access to the repo and the authority to make releases to PyPI when you see fit.
Install by running:
sudo python3 -m pip install Mopidy-Local
See https://mopidy.com/ext/local/ for alternative installation methods.
Before starting Mopidy, you must add configuration for Mopidy-Local to your Mopidy configuration file:
[local] media_dir = /path/to/your/music/archive
The following configuration values are available:
- local/enabled: If the local extension should be enabled or not. Defaults to true.
- local/media_dir: Path to directory with local media files.
- local/scan_timeout: Number of milliseconds before giving up scanning a file and moving on to the next file.
- local/scan_follow_symlinks: If we should follow symlinks found in local/media_dir.
- local/scan_flush_threshold: Number of tracks to wait before telling library it should try and store its progress so far. Some libraries might not respect this setting. Set this to zero to disable flushing.
- local/included_file_extensions: File extensions to include when scanning the media directory. Values should be separated by either comma or newline. Each file extension should start with a dot, .e.g. .flac. Setting any values here will override the existence of local/excluded_file_extensions.
- local/excluded_file_extensions: File extensions to exclude when scanning the media directory. Values should be separated by either comma or newline. Each file extension should start with a dot, .e.g. .html. Defaults to a list of common non-audio file extensions often found in music collections. This config value has no effect if local/included_file_extensions is set.
- local/directories: List of top-level directory names and URIs for browsing.
- local/timeout: Database connection timeout in seconds.
- local/use_artist_sortname: Whether to use the sortname field for ordering artist browse results. Disabled by default, since this may give confusing results if not all artists in the library have proper sortnames.
- local/album_art_files: List of file names to check for when searching for external album art. These may contain UNIX shell patterns, i.e. *, ?, etc.
Generating a library
The command mopidy local scan will scan the path set in the local/media_dir config value for any audio files and build a library of metadata.
To make a local library for your music available for Mopidy:
Ensure that the local/media_dir config value points to where your music is located. Check the current setting by running:
Scan your media library.:
mopidy local scan
Start Mopidy, find the music library in a client, and play some local music!
Updating the library
When you’ve added or removed music in your collection and want to update Mopidy’s index of your local library, you need to rescan:
mopidy local scan
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_Local-3.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (29.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-Local-3.1.0.tar.gz (36.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_Local-3.1.0-py3-none-any.whl