Mopidy MusicBox web extension
With Mopidy MusicBox Webclient, you can play your music on your computer (Rapsberry Pi) and remotely control it using your computer, tablet or phone.
This is a responsive webclient especially written for Mopidy, a music server. Responsive, so it works on desktop and mobile browsers. You can browse, search and play albums, artists, playlists, and it has cover art from Last.fm.
Mopidy is a music server which can play music from Spotify, Google Music, SoundCloud, etc. or from your hard drive.
If you want to run Mopidy with this webclient on a Raspberry Pi, do yourself a favor and use my custom built SD-image: Pi MusicBox.
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-MusicBox-Webclient
Alternatively, clone the repository and run sudo python setup.py install from within the project directory. e.g.
$ git clone https://github.com/pimusicbox/mopidy-musicbox-webclient $ cd mopidy-musicbox-webclient $ sudo python setup.py install
Point your (modern) browser at Mopidy-MusicBox-Webclient running on your Mopidy server e.g. http://localhost:6680/musicbox_webclient.
- Upgrade Font-Awesome libraries to version 4.5.0.
- Upgrade jQuery libraries to version 1.12.0.
- Mopidy-Musicbox-Webclient is now distributed with a vendor copy of Mopidy.js. (Addresses: #175).
- Remove unused iScroll libraries and references.
- Remove unused jQuery.Mobile.iScrollView libraries and references.
- Remove unused jQuery.Truncate libraries and references.
- Avoid polling for current track and time changes. (Fixes: #40).
- Prevent mobile devices from scaling when used in landscape mode. (Fixes: #157).
- Scrolling now works in full screen mode for Chrome and Safari as well. (Fixes: #53).
- No longer interferes with changes to Mopidy’s volume levels that are triggered externally. (Fixes: #162).
- Volume slider now works with Mopidy-ALSAMixer again. (Fixes: #168).
- Now falls back to track artist if album artist is not available for rendering cover art. (Fixes: #128).
- Fix playlist refresh button. (Fixes: #173).
- Update save queue functionality to use ‘m3u’ format. (Fixes: #177).
Enhancements and improvements
- Added optional websocket_host and websocket_port config settings.
- Added link to Alarm Clock (if present).
- Added ability to save Queue as local Playlist. (Addresses: #106).
- Add support for static_dir configurations. (Addresses: #105).
- Added ability to manually initiate refresh of Playlists. (Addresses: #107).
- Now updates the track name when the stream title changes.
- Adding a browsed radio station to the tracklist now also starts playback of the station. (Addresses: #98).
- Increase volume slider handle by 30% to make it easier to grab on mobile devices.
- Add application cache manifest file for quicker loads and to allow client devices to detect when local caches should be invalidated.
- Use standard Mopidy mixer methods to mute / un-mute playback.
- Streams are now saved to the ‘[Radio Streams].m3u’ playlist and are accessible from all clients. Users with existing streamUris stored as browser cookies will be prompted to convert them to the new m3u backed scheme.
- Mopidy-Musicbox-Webclient now requires at least Mopidy v1.1.0 or greater to be installed.
- Ensure that only the currently playing track is highlighted in the queue. (Fixes: #81).
- Fixed slow to start playing from a large tracklist of browsed tracks. (Fixes: #85).
- Mopidy 1.1.0 compatibility fixes. (Fixes: #109, #111, #121, and #123).
- Fix incorrect identification of user’s Spotify starred playlist. (Fixes: #110).
- Initiating track playback from a folder that contains subfolders now correctly identifies the tracks that should be played. (Fixes: #112).
- Adding search results to tracklist now works as expected. (Fixes: #49 and #135).
- Fix vertical alignment of playback control buttons in footer.
- Increase width of header so that more text can be rendered in the title bar. (Fixes: #144).
- Re-align the menu and search buttons in the title bar. (Fixes: #148).
- Use explicit Mopidy.js calling convention. (Fixes: #79).
- Added event handling for ‘muteChanged’ event. (Fixes: #141).
- Remove support for defunct Grooveshark service. (Fixes: #120).
- Pausing a stream will now actually stop it.
- Fix keyboard shortcuts in some browsers.
- Use relative path for script files to fix proxy support.
- Description text for control icons.
- Added consume and single playback modes.
- Changed from a static webclient to a dynamic webapp.
- New musicbox config setting to hide Musicbox specific content.
- Added popup tracks menu to the Browse interface.
- Fixed wrong jQuery version on some pages.
- Added AudioAddict icon.
- Bugfixes of course.
- A friendlier welcome with a home page with buttons to the most used functions.
- Converted Radio Stations to Streams, so user can add streams for youtube, spotify, soundcloud, podcasts.
- Enhanced radio/streams interface.
- Search: select service to search.
- Fixed single quote bug. (Fixes: #39).
- Better handling of coverart.
- Youtube icons added.
- Bugfixes (search, popups, etc.).
- Small fixes for PyPI distro.
- Compatible with Mopidy v0.19.
- Made pip installable.
- A lot of fixes.
- Works with mopidy-websettings extension.
- Compatible with Mopidy 0.14+.
- More ways to add a song to the Queue (play next, add to bottom, etc).
- Better Queue popup.
- Button to clear the Queue.
- A bit more speed.
- Local files show up in search.
- Bugs fixed.
- New instructions in the read me.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_MusicBox_Webclient-2.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.3 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-MusicBox-Webclient-2.2.0.tar.gz (1.2 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_MusicBox_Webclient-2.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for Mopidy-MusicBox-Webclient-2.2.0.tar.gz