Mopidy extension for playing music from Spotify
- A Spotify Premium subscription. Mopidy-Spotify will not work with Spotify Free or Spotify Unlimited, just Spotify Premium.
- libspotify >= 12, < 13. The official C library from the Spotify developer site. The package is available as libspotify12 from apt.mopidy.com.
- pyspotify >= 1.9, < 2. The libspotify python wrapper. The package is available as python-spotify from apt.mopidy.com or pyspotify on PyPI.
If you install Mopidy-Spotify from apt.mopidy.com, these dependencies are installed automatically.
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-Spotify
Or, if available, install the Debian/Ubuntu package from apt.mopidy.com.
Before starting Mopidy, you must add your Spotify Premium username and password to your Mopidy configuration file:
[spotify] username = alice password = secret
The following configuration values are available:
- spotify/enabled: If the Spotify extension should be enabled or not.
- spotify/username: Your Spotify Premium username.
- spotify/password: Your Spotify Premium password.
- spotify/bitrate: Audio bitrate in kbps. 96, 160 or 320. Defaults to 160.
- spotify/timeout: Seconds before giving up waiting for search results, etc. Defaults to 10 seconds.
- spotify/cache_dir: The dir where the Spotify extension caches data. Defaults to $XDG_CACHE_DIR/mopidy/spotify, which usually means ~/.cache/mopidy/spotify.
- Moved extension out of the main Mopidy project.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_Spotify-1.0.0-py27-none-any.whl (15.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-Spotify-1.0.0.tar.gz (15.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_Spotify-1.0.0-py27-none-any.whl