Mopidy extension for playing music from Spotify
- A Spotify Premium subscription. Mopidy-Spotify will not work with Spotify Free or Spotify Unlimited, just Spotify Premium.
- A non-Facebook Spotify username and password. If you created your account through Facebook you’ll need to create a “device password” to be able to use Mopidy-Spotify. Go to http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/, login with your Facebook account, and follow the instructions.
- libspotify >= 12, < 13. The official C library from the Spotify developer site. The package is available as libspotify12 from apt.mopidy.com.
- pyspotify >= 1.9, < 2. The libspotify python wrapper. The package is available as python-spotify from apt.mopidy.com or pyspotify on PyPI.
- Mopidy >= 0.16. The music server that Mopidy-Spotify extends.
If you install Mopidy-Spotify from apt.mopidy.com, these dependencies are installed automatically.
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-Spotify
Or, if available, install the Debian/Ubuntu package from apt.mopidy.com.
Before starting Mopidy, you must add your Spotify Premium username and password to your Mopidy configuration file:
[spotify] username = alice password = secret
The following configuration values are available:
- spotify/enabled: If the Spotify extension should be enabled or not.
- spotify/username: Your Spotify Premium username.
- spotify/password: Your Spotify Premium password.
- spotify/bitrate: Audio bitrate in kbps. 96, 160 or 320. Defaults to 160.
- spotify/timeout: Seconds before giving up waiting for search results, etc. Defaults to 10 seconds.
- spotify/cache_dir: The dir where the Spotify extension caches data. Defaults to $XDG_CACHE_DIR/mopidy/spotify, which usually means ~/.cache/mopidy/spotify. If set to an empty string, caching is disabled.
- spotify/settings_dir: The dir where the Spotify extension stores libspotify settings. Defaults to $XDG_CONFIG_DIR/mopidy/spotify, which usually means ~/.config/mopidy/spotify.
- Change search field track to track_name for compatibility with Mopidy 0.17. (Fixes: mopidy/mopidy#610)
- Add spotify/settings_dir config value so that libspotify settings can be stored to another location than the libspotify cache. This also allows spotify/cache_dir to be unset, since settings are now using it’s own config value.
- Make the spotify/cache_dir config value optional, so that it can be set to an empty string to disable caching.
- Support searches from Mopidy that are using the albumartist field type, added in Mopidy 0.16.
- Ignore the track_no field in search queries, added in Mopidy 0.16.
- Abort Spotify searches immediately if the search query is empty instead of waiting for the 10s timeout before returning an empty search result.
- Moved extension out of the main Mopidy project.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_Spotify-1.0.3-py27-none-any.whl (16.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py27||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-Spotify-1.0.3.tar.gz (15.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_Spotify-1.0.3-py27-none-any.whl