Mopidy extension for playing music from Spotify
- A Spotify Premium subscription. Mopidy-Spotify will not work with Spotify Free, just Spotify Premium.
- A non-Facebook Spotify username and password. If you created your account through Facebook you’ll need to create a “device password” to be able to use Mopidy-Spotify. Go to http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/, login with your Facebook account, and follow the instructions.
- libspotify >= 12, < 13. The official C library from the Spotify developer site. The package is available as libspotify12 from apt.mopidy.com.
- pyspotify >= 1.9, < 2. The libspotify python wrapper. The package is available as python-spotify from apt.mopidy.com or pyspotify on PyPI.
- Mopidy >= 0.16. The music server that Mopidy-Spotify extends.
If you install Mopidy-Spotify from apt.mopidy.com, these dependencies are installed automatically.
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-Spotify
Or, if available, install the Debian/Ubuntu package from apt.mopidy.com.
Before starting Mopidy, you must add your Spotify Premium username and password to your Mopidy configuration file:
[spotify] username = alice password = secret
The following configuration values are available:
- spotify/enabled: If the Spotify extension should be enabled or not.
- spotify/username: Your Spotify Premium username.
- spotify/password: Your Spotify Premium password.
- spotify/bitrate: Audio bitrate in kbps. 96, 160 or 320. Defaults to 160.
- spotify/timeout: Seconds before giving up waiting for search results, etc. Defaults to 10 seconds.
- spotify/cache_dir: The dir where the Spotify extension caches data. Defaults to $XDG_CACHE_DIR/mopidy/spotify, which usually means ~/.cache/mopidy/spotify. If set to an empty string, caching is disabled.
- spotify/settings_dir: The dir where the Spotify extension stores libspotify settings. Defaults to $XDG_CONFIG_DIR/mopidy/spotify, which usually means ~/.config/mopidy/spotify.
- spotify/toplist_countries: Comma separated list of two letter country domains to get toplists for.
- Require Mopidy >= 0.18.
- Change library.lookup() to return tracks even if they are unplayable. There’s no harm in letting them be added to the tracklist, as Mopidy will simply skip to the next track when failing to play the track. (Fixes: mopidy/mopidy#606)
- Added basic library browsing support that exposes user, global and country toplists.
- Change search field track to track_name for compatibility with Mopidy 0.17. (Fixes: mopidy/mopidy#610)
- Add spotify/settings_dir config value so that libspotify settings can be stored to another location than the libspotify cache. This also allows spotify/cache_dir to be unset, since settings are now using it’s own config value.
- Make the spotify/cache_dir config value optional, so that it can be set to an empty string to disable caching.
- Support searches from Mopidy that are using the albumartist field type, added in Mopidy 0.16.
- Ignore the track_no field in search queries, added in Mopidy 0.16.
- Abort Spotify searches immediately if the search query is empty instead of waiting for the 10s timeout before returning an empty search result.
- Moved extension out of the main Mopidy project.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Mopidy_Spotify-1.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (18.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Jan 20, 2014|
|Mopidy-Spotify-1.1.0.tar.gz (19.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jan 20, 2014|