Mopidy extension for playing music from Spotify
- A Spotify Premium subscription. Mopidy-Spotify will not work with Spotify Free, just Spotify Premium.
- A non-Facebook Spotify username and password. If you created your account through Facebook you’ll need to create a “device password” to be able to use Mopidy-Spotify. Go to http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/, login with your Facebook account, and follow the instructions.
- libspotify >= 12, < 13. The official C library from the Spotify developer site. The package is available as libspotify12 from apt.mopidy.com.
- pyspotify >= 2.0. The libspotify Python wrapper. The package is available as python-spotify from apt.mopidy.com or pyspotify on PyPI. See https://pyspotify.mopidy.com/en/latest/installation/ for how to install it and its dependencies on most platforms.
- Mopidy >= 1.1. The music server that Mopidy-Spotify extends.
If you install Mopidy-Spotify from apt.mopidy.com, AUR, or Homebrew, these dependencies are installed automatically.
Debian/Ubuntu/Raspbian: Install the mopidy-spotify package from apt.mopidy.com:
sudo apt-get install mopidy-spotify
Arch Linux: Install the mopidy-spotify package from AUR:
yaourt -S mopidy-spotify
OS X: Install the mopidy-spotify package from the mopidy/mopidy Homebrew tap:
brew install mopidy-spotify
Else: Install the dependencies listed above yourself, and then install the package from PyPI:
pip install Mopidy-Spotify
Before starting Mopidy, you must add your Spotify Premium username and password to your Mopidy configuration file:
[spotify] username = alice password = secret
The following configuration values are available:
- spotify/enabled: If the Spotify extension should be enabled or not. Defaults to true.
- spotify/username: Your Spotify Premium username. You must provide this.
- spotify/password: Your Spotify Premium password. You must provide this.
- spotify/bitrate: Audio bitrate in kbps. 96, 160, or 320. Defaults to 160.
- spotify/volume_normalization: Whether volume normalization is active or not. Defaults to true.
- spotify/timeout: Seconds before giving up waiting for search results, etc. Defaults to 10.
- spotify/allow_cache: Whether to allow caching. The cache is stored in a “spotify” directory within Mopidy’s core/cache_dir. Defaults to true.
- spotify/allow_network: Whether to allow network access or not. Defaults to true.
- spotify/allow_playlists: Whether or not playlists should be exposed. Defaults to true.
- spotify/search_album_count: Maximum number of albums returned in search results. Number between 0 and 50. Defaults to 20.
- spotify/search_artist_count: Maximum number of artists returned in search results. Number between 0 and 50. Defaults to 10.
- spotify/search_track_count: Maximum number of tracks returned in search results. Number between 0 and 50. Defaults to 50.
- spotify/toplist_countries: Comma separated list of two letter ISO country codes to get toplists for. Defaults to blank, which is interpreted as all countries that Spotify is available in.
- spotify/private_session: Whether to use a private Spotify session. Turn on private session to disable sharing of played tracks with friends through the Spotify activity feed, Last.fm scrobbling, and Facebook. This only affects social sharing done by Spotify, not by other Mopidy extensions. Defaults to false.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_Spotify-2.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (23.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-Spotify-2.3.1.tar.gz (38.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_Spotify-2.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl