Tidal music service integration
Tidal music service integration.
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-Tidal or pip3 install Mopidy-Tidal
In case you are upgrading your Mopidy-Tidal installation from the latest git sources, make sure to do a force upgrade from the source root:
sudo python3 setup.py install --force
When using High and Low quality, be sure to install gstreamer bad-plugins, eg.
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
This is mandatory to be able to play m4a streams.
Before starting Mopidy, you must add configuration for Mopidy-Tidal to your Mopidy configuration file, if it is not already present.
The configuration is usually stored in /etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf or possibly ~/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf, depending on your system configuration
[tidal] enabled = true quality = LOSSLESS #client_id = #client_secret =
Quality can be set to LOSSLESS, HIGH or LOW. Hi_RES(master) is currently not supported. Lossless quality (FLAC) requires Tidal HiFi Subscription.
Optional: Tidal API client_id, client_secret can be overridden by the user if necessary.
Using the new OAuth flow, you have to visit a link to connect the mopidy app to your login.
When you restart the Mopidy server, check the latest systemd logs and find a line like:
journalctl -u mopidy | tail -5 ... Visit link.tidal.com/AAAAA to log in, the code will expire in 300 seconds``
Go to that link in your browser, approve it, and that should be it.
Note that the login process is a blocking action, so Mopidy will not load until you approve the application. The OAuth session will be reloaded automatically when Mopidy is restarted. It will be necessary to perform these steps again if/when the session expires or if the json file is moved.
- Use path extension for Tidal OAuth cache file
- Improved error handling for missing images, unplayable albums
- Improved playlist browsing
- Improved reliability of OAuth cache file generation.
- Added optional client_id & client_secret to [tidal] in mopidy config (thanks Glog78)
- Removed username/pass, as it is not needed by OAuth (thanks tbjep)
- Reload existing OAuth session on Mopidy restart
- Added OAuth login support from tidalapi (thanks to greggilbert)
- Added track caching (thanks to MrSurly and kingosticks)
- fixed python 3 compatibility issues
- Change dependency tidalapi4mopidy back to tidalapi (thanks to stevedenman)
- added support browsing of favourite tracks, moods, genres and playlists (thanks to SERVCUBED)
- implemented get_images method
- updated tidal’s api key
- playlist support (read-only)
- implemented artists lookup
- high and low quality streams should now work correctly
- cache search results (to be improved in next releases)
- Initial release.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for Mopidy_Tidal-0.2.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl