Tidal music service integration
Tidal music service integration.
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-Tidal or pip3 install Mopidy-Tidal
In case you are upgrading your Mopidy-Tidal installation from the latest git sources, make sure to do a force upgrade from the source root:
sudo python3 setup.py install --force
Before starting Mopidy, you must add configuration for Mopidy-Tidal to your Mopidy configuration file:
[tidal] enabled = true username = YOUR_TIDAL_USERNAME password = YOUR_TIDAL_PASSWORD quality = LOSSLESS
Quality can be set to LOSSLESS, HIGH or LOW. Hi_RES(master) is currently not supported. Lossless quality (FLAC) requires Tidal HiFi Subscription.
For High and Low quality be sure to have installed gstreamer bad-plugins, eg.
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
This is mandatory to be able to play m4a streams.
Using the new OAuth flow, you now have to visit a link to connect the mopidy app to your login. When you restart the Mopidy server, check the latest systemd logs and find a line like:
journalctl -u mopidy | tail -5 ... Visit link.tidal.com/AAAAA to log in, the code will expire in 300 seconds``
Go to that link in your browser, approve it, and that should be it. Note that this is a blocking action, so Mopidy will not load until you approve the application. The OAuth session will be reloaded automatically when Mopidy is restarted. However, it will be necessary to perform these steps again if/when the session expires.
- Reload existing OAuth session on Mopidy restart
- Added OAuth login support from tidalapi (thanks to greggilbert)
- Added track caching (thanks to MrSurly and kingosticks)
- fixed python 3 compatibility issues
- Change dependency tidalapi4mopidy back to tidalapi (thanks to stevedenman)
- added support browsing of favourite tracks, moods, genres and playlists (thanks to SERVCUBED)
- implemented get_images method
- updated tidal’s api key
- playlist support (read-only)
- implemented artists lookup
- high and low quality streams should now work correctly
- cache search results (to be improved in next releases)
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_Tidal-0.2.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl (18.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Mopidy-Tidal-0.2.5.tar.gz (15.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Mopidy_Tidal-0.2.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl