Mopidy extension providing a WAMP frontend
This extension provides a WAMP frontend for the popular Mopidy music server by connecting to a WAMP enabled router such as crossbar.io. Based on the jsonrpc module shipped with mopidy the whole API is exposed to the WAMP router as Remote Procedure Calls (RPC). Mopidy events will also be published on the WAMP router.
This extension does NOT include a WAMP (Web Application Messaging Protocol) router.
Currently the following features have been implemented:
- Complete mopidy core API is exposed to the WAMP router
- WAMP realm is configurable via mopidy config
- WebSocket and WebSocket-over-SSL is supported
- Raw-TCP socket support
- Debug options for WAMP and autobahn
- Mopidy events are published to the WAMP router
Problems & Missing Features
In order for a final 1.0 release, the following problems must be solved and missing features must be implemented:
- WAMP Authentication is currently not supported
- Currently based on the mopidy core.utils.jsonrpc which (according to Mopidy documentation) is a bad idea
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-WAMPFrontend
Or, if available, install the Debian/Ubuntu package from apt.mopidy.com.
Before starting Mopidy, you must add configuration for Mopidy-WAMPFrontend to your Mopidy configuration file:
[wampfrontend] enabled = true name = mopidy router = ws://127.0.0.1:8080/ws debug_wamp = false debug_autobahn = false enable_twisted_log = false
- Support for auto-reconnect added
- Switched from a local IO loop to use the global IOLoop started by the HTTP-Frontend
- Mopidy instances can now be named (fixed #2)
- Initial release.