Mopidy extension for controlling volume on Yamaha receivers
Mopidy extension for controlling volume on external Yamaha network connected receivers. Developed and tested with a Yamaha RX-V673.
Install by running:
sudo pip install Mopidy-Yamaha
The Mopidy-Yamaha extension is enabled by default. To disable it, add the following to mopidy.conf:
[yamaha] enabled = false
The Yamaha receiver must be connected to the local network and the receiver ip must be specified in the configuration.
To use the Yamaha receiver to control volume, set the audio/mixer config value in mopidy.conf to yamaha. You must also add some properties to the yamaha config section.
- host: The ip or hostname to the receiver.
- source: The source that should be selected on the amplifier, like HDMI1, AV_1, AUDIO_1, etc. Leave unset if you don’t want the mixer to change it for you.
[audio] mixer = yamahamixer # If the amplifier is available at IP 192.168.1.15 # and audio is connected to the HDMI 2 port. [yamaha] host = 192.168.1.15 source=HDMI2
- Update README to reflect configuration changes
- Use the new Mopidy mixer API (requires Mopidy >=v0.19)
- New configuration section. Remember to update your mopidy.conf
- Update changelog
- Minor doc changes
- Add talker test for mute on/off
- Initial release