Mopidy extension that plays sound from YouTube
Mopidy extension that plays sound from YouTube.
Make sure you already have the GStreamer plugins, especially the “bad” collection of plugins. For example, on Debian/Ubuntu you can install it by running:
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-YouTube
If you want modipy-youtube to use the YouTube API, before starting Mopidy, you must set api_enabled = True, and add your Google API key to your Mopidy configuration file:
[youtube] enabled = true youtube_api_key = <api key you got from Google>
Other configuration options are:
threads_max = 16 search_results = 15 playlist_max_videos = 20 api_enabled = false
If api_enabled is True but the youtube_api_key supplied is not valid, the plugin will report an error and the API will not be used.
Simply use search for filename in your MPD client or add YouTube URL to playlist prefixed by yt:.
Example for playlist:
If the extension is slow, try setting lower values for threads_max, search_results and playlist_max_videos.
If resolving of URIs stops working, always try to update the youtube-dl library first:
pip install --upgrade youtube-dl
- Last version that supports Mopidy 2.
- Last version in Python 2.7
- Major overhaul.
- Improved performance.
- Works with or without YouTube API key.
- Fix resolving of youtube:video URIs when looking up tracks. (Fixes: #21, PR: #50)
- Ensure None doesn’t get includes in track image lists. (PR: #48)
- Update links to GitHub repository.
- Don’t return None values to Mopidy when lookup or search returns invalid data. In Mopidy 1.0, this caused a crash. In Mopidy 1.1, this caused warnings about the YouTube backend returning invalid data. (Fixes: #28, PR: #35)
- Require Mopidy >= 1.0.
- Update to work with the new playback API in Mopidy 1.0.
- Update to work with the new search API in Mopidy 1.0.
- Changelog missing.
- Changelog missing.
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy_Youtube-2.1a1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (21.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Mopidy-Youtube-2.1a1.tar.gz (403.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Mopidy_Youtube-2.1a1-py2.py3-none-any.whl