A multi-thread binary search
A Multi-Thread Binary search written in Python3 by Devin Wallace
import MultiBinary print(MultiBinary.binary_search(somelist, someitem)) >>>[[True, 12, 'hello']]
binary_search(somelist, someitem, t_limit=100)
- somelist this is the list you are searching through, it is set up to handle a 1-dimensional list.
- someitem this is the item you are searching for within the list.
- t_limit t_limit is the thread count limit, by default it is set to 100 threads, meaning that there will be 100 searches done simultaneously. consider your machines processing power before altering
binary_search return [[True, 9, 802], [True, 44, 802]] returns a 2D list where
-  = boolean if found
-  = index in list
-  = item searched for
import random, MultiBinary list =  for i in range(random.randint(20,100)): list.append(random.randint(300,399)) print(MultiBinary.binary_search(list, 369)) >>>[[True, 35, 369], [True, 44, 369]]
pip instal MultiBinary
- SHA265: 92b8cf64d6701af578275fec82ee627a20bf4b83cfbe98dcc7e77577e0c61001
- SHA256: 92b8cf64d6701af578275fec82ee627a20bf4b83cfbe98dcc7e77577e0c61001
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
MultiBinary-1.0.0.tar.gz (2.1 kB view hashes)
Hashes for MultiBinary-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl