This app calculates and plot musical contour operations.
MusiContour: musical contour relations calculator
by Marcos da Silva Sampaio and Pedro Kröger (Genos Research Group )
This is a software to calculate and plot musical contour relations operations. MusiContour can process contour related to parameters such as pitch, duration, dynamics and chord density. This software provides Contour Theories functions .
MusiContour had two names before its current one: Goiaba (2007), a software developed to process musical contours, during Marcos da Silva Sampaio master’s degree , and Villa-Lobos Contour module, a module of Villa-Lobos , and is now independent.
MusiContour is part of Marcos da Silva Sampaio PhD project about musical contour relations. More information about these project is available in , in portuguese.
 Find more about Contour Theories in:
- Friedmann, Michael L. 1985. A Methodology for the Discussion of Contour: its Application to Schoenberg’s Music. Journal of Music Theory 29, no. 2: 223-248.
- Friedmann, Michael L. 1987. A Response: My Contour, Their Contour. Journal of Music Theory 31, no. 2: 268-274.
- Marvin, Elizabeth West. 1988. A generalized theory of musical contour: its application to melodic and rhythmic analysis of non-tonal music and its perceptual and pedagogical implications.
- Marvin, Elizabeth West, and Paul A Laprade. 1987. Relating Musical Contours: Extensions of a Theory for Contour. Journal of Music Theory 31, no. 2: 225-267.
- Morris, Robert D. 1993. New Directions in the Theory and Analysis of Musical Contour. Music Theory Spectrum xv: 205-228.
- Morris, Robert D. 1987. Composition with Pitch-classes: A Theory of Compositional Design. Yale University Press.
- Sampaio, Marcos da Silva. 2008. Em torno da romã: aplicações de operações de contornos na composição. Salvador, BA. Brasil.
- Sampaio, Marcos, and Pedro Kröger. 2009. Goiaba: a software to process musical contours. In Proceedings of the 12th Brazilian Symposium on Computer Music, 203-206. Recife, Brazil.
- Keywords: Musical contour, contour in music, melodic contour,
- computational musicology, contour theory, contorno melódico.