MyProxy Client Package
This a pure* Python implementation of a client to the MyProxy Credential Management Server (http://grid.ncsa.uiuc.edu/myproxy/). It provides both a Python API and a command line interface.
- i.e. MyProxy C client libraries are not required for this package.
It uses pyOpenSSL to make an SSL connection to the server following the messaging interface as outlined in: http://grid.ncsa.uiuc.edu/myproxy/protocol/
The code is based on an original program myproxy_logon by Tom Uram of ANL.
These show how to retrieve a certificate bootstrapping trust in remote service:
` >>> from myproxy.client import MyProxyClient >>> myproxy_clnt = MyProxyClient(hostname="myproxy.somewhere.ac.uk") >>> cert, private_key = myproxy_clnt.logon(username, password, bootstrap=True) `
Command line interface
` $ myproxyclient logon -s myproxy.somewhere.ac.uk -l <username> -o creds.pem -b `
- Refactored package hierarchy - myproxy.client is now a package
- fixed six package dependency
- Default to TLS v1.2 for security
- Added new command line option -e which will force output of any error trace. The default is now that the error trace is not echoed. Instead only the message from top-level exception is included.
- Fix for certificate DN list for Python 2 version. Thanks to Lukasz for reporting the bug: https://github.com/cedadev/MyProxyClient/issues/12
- Updated hashing algorithm to sha256 after reported errors interacting with some servers
- Ported to Python 3. This version is dual compatible with Python 2 and 3.
- Minor fix to script to improve error reporting
- Added Vagrantfile to enable provisioning of test myproxy-server for use with the tests.
Tested on CentOS 6.8 and OSX El Capitan
- Minor changes for ready for inclusion in conda-forge. Thanks to Alex Goodman.
- Fix for SSL to use TLS instead of SSLv3 to address POODLE vulnerability
- Fix for SSL verification for PyOpenSSL version 0.14 - v1.3.1 was broken because it passed the call back method to OpenSSL using verification classes’ __call__ method.
Tested on CentOS 6.4
- Fix to MyProxyClient.writeProxyFile and MyProxyClient.readProxyFile to correctly pick-up overridden file setting. Thanks to Nicolas Carenton, IPSL.
Unit test module with test files is in test/. See the README in that directory.
Sphinx generated documentation is available in documentation/. run the Makefile to regenerate if required.
- to OMII-UK (Now Software Sustainability Institute) for funding development of NDG Security (2007-2008)
- Tom Uram who wrote the myproxy_logon program on which this package is based.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size MyProxyClient-2.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (72.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.6||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size MyProxyClient-2.1.0.tar.gz (27.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for MyProxyClient-2.1.0-py3-none-any.whl