NURBS 2D/3D curve and surface evaluation library in native Python
NURBS-Python provides Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline (NURBS) surface and 2D/3D curve data structures and computation algorithms in native Python. The library is fully object-oriented and does not depend on any external libraries.
NURBS-Python consists of the following modules and components:
- Core library
- Multi module
- Exchange module
- Visualization component
- Shapes component
The core library contains 4 modules:
- geomdl.BSpline contains Non-Uniform B-Spline (NUBS) evaluation and storage functionality
- geomdl.NURBS contains Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline (NURBS) evaluation and storage functionality
- geomdl.CPGen contains simple control points grid generation algorithms
- geomdl.utilities contains helper functions for generating and altering knot vectors and control points
geomdl.BSpline and geomdl.NURBS modules contain 3 classes for geometric evaluation:
- Curve for evaluating 3D curves
- Curve2D for evaluating 2D curves
- Surface for evaluating surfaces
geomdl.CPGen module contains 2 classes for grid generation:
- Grid for generating inputs for geomdl.BSpline.Surface class
- GridWeighted for generating inputs for geomdl.NURBS.Surface class
Starting from version 3.2, NURBS-Python provides abstract Curve and Surface base classes in geomdl.Abstract module.
NURBS-Python provides container-like classes for working with multiple curves and surfaces in geomdl.Multi module. Please see the documentation for details.
NURBS-Python can export Surface types in OBJ and STL format using geomdl.exchange module. This module contains 2 major functions:
- save_obj for saving surfaces as .obj files
- save_stl for saving surfaces as .stl files in ascii or binary format (default is binary)
NURBS-Python comes with an experimental visualization module, geomdl.visualization, for plotting generated 2D/3D curves and surfaces directly.
Starting from NURBS-Python v3.1, a new experimental module geomdl.shapes is shipped with the NURBS-Python package. The aim of this component is providing an easy way to generate the most common curves and surfaces, such as circles and cylinders.
NURBS-Python is licensed under The MIT License.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|NURBS_Python-3.3.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (49.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Feb 14, 2018|