A modular, fast, simple, static website generator
Nikola generates static websites.
Static websites are safer, use fewer resources, and avoid vendor and platform lockin. You can read more about this in the Nikola Handbook.
It has many features, but here are some of the nicer ones:
- Blogs, with tags, feeds, archives, comments, etc.
- Fast builds, thanks to doit
- Flexible, extensible via plugins
- Small codebase (programmers can understand all of Nikola in a day)
- reStructuredText [Cheatsheet] or Markdown as input language
- Easy image galleries (just drop files in a folder!)
- Syntax highlighting for almost any programming language or markup
- Multilingual sites
- Doesn’t reinvent wheels, leverages existing tools.