An ObjectListView is a wrapper around the wx.ListCtrl that makes the list control easier to use
An ObjectListView is a wrapper around the wx.ListCtrl that makes the list control easier to use. It also provides some useful extra functionality.
- Automatically transforms a collection of model objects into a fully functional wx.ListCtrl.
- Automatically sorts rows.
- Easily edits the cell values.
- Supports all ListCtrl views (report, list, large and small icons).
- Columns can be fixed-width, have a minimum and/or maximum width, or be space-filling.
- Displays a “list is empty” message when the list is empty (obviously).
- Supports checkboxes in any column
- Supports alternate rows background colors.
- Supports custom formatting of rows.
- Supports searching (by typing) on any column, even on massive lists.
- Supports custom sorting
- The FastObjectListView version can build a list of 10,000 objects in less than 0.1 seconds.
- The VirtualObjectListView version supports millions of rows through ListCtrl’s virtual mode.
It also has a ‘GroupListView’ which is a ListCtrl that allows the rows to be grouped into collapsible partitions.
- Python 2.4+
- wxPython 2.8+