A WSGI-enabled toolkit for creating RDF-driven web apps.
Oort is a toolkit for creating RDF-driven WSGI-compliant web applications.
The purpose of this is to make it easy to create web views of RDF Graphs by using some declarative python programming.
These are the main packages:
Contains classes used for declarative definitions of displays, used for matching resources and rendering a particular output (html, json etc.). By defining aspects, the type (or super-type) of a selected resource is mapped to a particular RdfQuery and an associated template.
One or more displays are put in the context of a resource viewer, which becomes a WSGI application ready to mount in your WSGI environment.
- Contains classes and functions used for defining RDF queries and selectors, i.e. declarations used to pick properties and associated sub-queries from a chosen resource (similar to how many ORM-toolkits work).
A couple of RdfQuerys:
from oort.rdfview import * from myapp.ns import * # your own.. class Node(RdfQuery): title = localized(DC) class SiteNode(Node): altTitle = localized(DC.alternative) relations = collection(SITE) >> Node nodeContent = localized_xml(SITE) class Person(RdfQuery): name = one (FOAF) knows = each(FOAF) >> THIS_QUERY
And a web application:
But wait, there’s more..
Makes WSGI go down smoothly. ResourceViewers take RDFLib Graph instances in their constructors and becomes callables adhering to the spec.
Because RDF is a formidable technology that could revolutionize the way information is treated and shared. Python and WSGI are exemplary technologies to use when building applications dealing with such data.
- The Oort Cloud is a fascinating, alien phenomenon in a region less travelled..
- Imagine all the BNodes in that cloud just waiting for an URI on the Web..
- “Output Of RDF through Templating”..
- a Dutch surname, so the way may be obvious to Oort..
Copyright (c) 2006 Niklas Lindström
License: BSD-style <http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license>
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Oort-0.1-py2.4.egg (35.4 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|