A simple cobol IDE
OpenCobolIDE is a simple and lightweight cobol IDE based on the OpenCobol compiler.
The software is written in Python using PyQt5 and pyQode
- syntax highlighting
- code completion
- code folding -> temporarely removed for performance reasons
- navigable tree view of division, sections, paragraphs etc.
- calculates the offsets of selected record definitions
- compile as program (.exe) or as subprogram (.so/.dll)
- run the program from the editor or from a configurable external terminal
- also open other text files
- dark color schemes and theme
- cross platform: work on GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OSX
OpenCobolIDE is released under the GPL version 3
The project depends on the following packages:
- PyQt4 or PyQt5
Install pyqt5, open-cobol and pip using your package manager, then run the following commands:
sudo pip3 install OpenCobolIDE
If you are on Archlinux, you can install OpenCobolIDE and all its dependencies from the AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/open-cobol-ide/
There is a windows installer available here: https://launchpad.net/cobcide/+download
There is a dmg image available here: https://launchpad.net/cobcide/+download
The only thing you have to do is:
to install OpenCobol compiler, e.g. using homebrew:
brew install open-cobol
run the OpenCobolIDE app
If you installed the compiler in a non-standard path and it is not recognized, you can specify and the path to the compiler in the preferences dialog under the Build & Run section (make sure to only specify the directory where the compiler can be found, not the full path).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size OpenCobolIDE-3.0.0.tar.gz (1.5 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|