A simple cobol IDE
OpenCobolIDE is a simple and lightweight cobol IDE based on the GnuCobol compiler.
- native (fast) cobol syntax highlighter
- cobol code completion
- cobol code folding
- navigable tree view of division, sections, paragraphs etc (fully synchronised with the code folding panel)
- smart auto indentation
- tool for computing PIC fields offsets
- compile as a program (.exe) or as a subprogram (.so/.dll)
- run the program from the editor or from a configurable external terminal ( necessary if you are using the SCREEN section).
- dark color schemes and theme
- cross platform: works on GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OSX
- dbpre integration on Linux
OpenCobolIDE is released under the GPL version 3
Install pyqt5, open-cobol and pip using your package manager, then run the following commands:
sudo pip3 install OpenCobolIDE --upgrade
If you are using Archlinux, you can install OpenCobolIDE and all its dependencies from the AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/open-cobol-ide/
Note that if you have both PyQt5 and PyQt4 on your system, the IDE will use PyQt5 by default. To force the use of PyQt4, you should set the QT_API environment variable to pyqt4.
There is a windows installer available here: https://launchpad.net/cobcide/+download
There is a dmg image available here: https://launchpad.net/cobcide/+download
Before running the app, you first have to install the GnuCobol compiler, e.g. using homebrew:
brew install open-cobol
If you installed the compiler in a non-standard path and it is not recognized by the IDE, you can specify the path to the compiler in the preferences dialog under the Build & Run section (make sure to only specify the directory where the compiler can be found, not the full path).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size OpenCobolIDE-4.3.0.tar.gz (2.6 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|