A simple COBOL IDE
OpenCobolIDE is a simple and lightweight cobol IDE based on the GnuCobol compiler.
- native (fast) cobol syntax highlighter
- cobol code completion
- cobol code folding
- navigable tree view of division, sections, paragraphs etc (fully synchronised with the code folding panel)
- smart auto indentation
- tool for computing PIC fields offsets
- compile as a program (.exe) or as a subprogram (.so/.dll)
- run the program from the editor or from a configurable external terminal ( necessary if you are using the SCREEN section).
- dark color schemes and theme
- cross platform: works on GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OSX
- dbpre integration on Linux
OpenCobolIDE is released under the GPL version 3
Note: starting from v4.6.2, the installed executable name is lowercase: opencobolide
OpenCobolIDE is available from a ppa (for Ubuntu >= 14.04):
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:colin-duquesnoy/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python3-opencobolide
OpenCobolIDE is available from the AUR:
yaourt -S open-cobol-ide
Install pyqt5, open-cobol and pip3 using your package manager, then run the following commands:
sudo pip3 install OpenCobolIDE --upgrade
Note that if you have both PyQt5 and PyQt4 on your system, the IDE will use PyQt5 by default. To force the use of PyQt4, you should set the QT_API environment variable to pyqt4.
There is a windows installer available here: https://launchpad.net/cobcide/+download
There is a dmg image available here: https://launchpad.net/cobcide/+download
Before running the app, you first have to install the GnuCobol compiler, e.g. using homebrew:
brew install open-cobol
If you installed the compiler in a non-standard path and it is not recognized by the IDE, you can specify the path to the compiler in the preferences dialog under the Build & Run section (make sure to only specify the directory where the compiler can be found, not the full path).
- Home page:
- Minimal view:
- Code folding:
- Offset calculator
- Dark style support
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size OpenCobolIDE-4.6.3.tar.gz (3.9 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|